Spring Street Surgery have established a caring and professional team to provide you with the very best NHS healthcare.
The practice has been on this site in Bourne Hall since 1971.
Our dedicated doctors and nurses have a wide-ranging mix of experience and skills to meet the needs of our patients. A friendly and enthusiastic administration team support us to run the practice effectively.
Dr Julian Orton joined the partnership in October 1995, and Dr Sumathy Suntharalingam became a partner in March 2010, having joined the practice in 2005.
Dr Holbrook’s list of patients since his retirement in April 2019 have been taken over by Dr Kate Rusk. She is an experienced GP, and joined Spring Street Surgery in 2017.
We have three other job-sharing GPs, Dr Nishanthi Gunasekera, Dr Lavanya Mohan and Dr Lara Morris.
The current health centre was opened in August 2003. We offer a friendly, professional setting for modern general practice with patient parking and disabled access and facilities. We share the building with one other GP practice, an NHS dental service and Surrey Downs Healthcare staff who offer a range of services, such as physiotherapy, podiatry and children health.
We retain the best traditional family general practice whilst employing the best in modern healthcare.
The following is our practice vision:
- To provide the best possible medical care to our patients
- To treat all our patients with courtesy, compassion and respect
- To promote good health and well-being to our patients
- To ensure all staff receive appropriate training and support
- To encourage reflective practice by sharing and learning from mistakes and near misses
- To keep up to date with guidance on best practice and governance
- To consider economic and environmental sustainability in the provision of healthcare